Environment and Sustainability Specialist – Sweden
Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat, with operations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands and UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with an ambition to become fossil free within one generation.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Environment and Sustainability Specialist for our Swedish onshore & offshore wind assets.
As an Environment and Sustainability Specialist within the Environment & Sustainability Unit as part of Business Area Wind, you will give environmental support for our onshore & offshore wind projects during the development and construction phases, and provide occasional support to our onshore and offshore wind operational assets. You support that our assets are managed in accordance with legal, licensed and Vattenfall environmental requirements, and strive for operational excellence. In this you will co-ordinate with other Environmental and Sustainability Specialists and deliver a structured and systematic approach to taking environmental and other essential sustainability aspects into account.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Ensure environmental compliance and assess changes in environmental legislation for Vattenfall’s SE onshore & offshore wind assets during development and construction; including support applying for appropriate environmental licenses of works, fulfilling environmental obligations contained in licenses/permissions, providing consenting and permitting support, chemical and waste management and visiting sites for checkups;
- Provide occasional environmental support to our onshore and offshore wind operational assets where and when necessary;
- Give environment and sustainability input in contracting and due diligence; including contractor evaluation and risk assessments;
- Interface of environmental and sustainability topics between the different operating units of Vattenfall Wind;
- Manage and further develop systematic ways of working with environmental and sustainability topics e.g. incident evaluation and lessons learned;
- Work together with other specialists inside and outside your own work area such as technical disciplines and environmental consultants;
- Work in close cooperation with the specific permit/consent manager, H&S specialist and interdisciplinary project teams for each of our onshore and offshore wind projects in Sweden to decrease environmental risks and improve the sustainability performance; and
- Work in close cooperation with the Environment and Sustainability Unit specialists & Bioscience experts to ensure aligned operation and strategy.
Your Essential Qualifications as Environment and Sustainability Specialist
- Degree in a relevant environmental discipline and relevant work experience (minimum 2 years);
- Understanding of SE licencing & consenting regimes;
- Knowledge of SE Legislation and Guidelines related to Environment;
- Knowledge of the Onshore / Offshore Wind industry and familiarity with Environmental management systems;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, analytical and time management skills;
- Enthusiastic about Environment and Sustainability;
- Willingness to travel; and
- A full EU driving license
The location of this position is Solna, Sweden. Regular business trips are required.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
For Your Information
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Manager EnSu Projects and O&M in BA Wind Chris Jackson, +44 (0) 7870 974 809
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Anneli Jarlsheim +46 72- 585 28 76
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter. Last day to apply is the April 23rd 2021.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.