Engineering Project ManagerEquinix is the world leader in the global data centre market, growing connectivity between our clients and working towards our goal of global interconnection. In our 69th consecutive quarter of growth, and with over 500 data centres on 5 continents, we support over 1000 cloud and IT service companies across the world.
We are seeking to work with talented engineers looking to change sectors and make the exciting move into the data centre world. Engineers working within construction, maritime, aviation, and the automotive industry have all previously made very successful moves into Equinix data centres.
In the engineering team, we keep the lights on! We are responsible for maintaining the critical electrical and mechanical infrastructure across the various sites. This includes stand by power generators, UPS, HVAC systems, AC units and chilled water systems.
· Applies a range of approaches to planning and gathering information in which to develop/facilitate/lead more complex Business Cases, plans and schedules (i.e. ROI)
· Competent in the use of planning tools, considers and develops cross functional plans
· Works with numerous stakeholders and may work with government/governance bodies
· Understands stakeholder needs and builds effective relationships
· Demonstrates influencing skills to achieve solutions and dealing with challenging stakeholder situations
· Uses a variety of communications methods to deliver information relevant to the audience and project needs
· Is fully aware of standardized tools and template requirements and is a 'go to' person for feedback on the development of project/program management standards
· Approach to risk management spans projects level up to strategic risk management where required
· When faced with issues applies lateral thinking and analyses available information to solve problems and engages with teams to resolve
· Responsible for program delivery of multiple related projects required for a specific business functional strategy
· Will mentor junior project/program team members in project management
Resource Management (people, finances etc.)
· Will problem solve resource/budgetary issues with internal teams and external suppliers and conclude disputes successfully and independently
Customer Care (For employees working in Customer Care and Experience):
· Manages large scale, complex, multi-site and multi-regional, high visibility customer deployments involving cross-functional and cross-regional project teams
· Meets with and presents to customer executives at the program level
· Develops overall program schedule in conjunction with customer requirements
· Manages internal company wide stakeholders on project teams and holds them accountable for meeting commitments
· Has an in-depth technical knowledge of all Equinix products/processes
· Resolves complex issues and escalations independently at all levels
· Assists in process development and documentation
· Documents lessons learned and shares with stakeholders
What We Offer
The opportunity to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly and still is able to keep a pioneer spirit. We offer a competitive salary and a superb opportunity to build and expand your experience in an internal and international environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please take a look at our "The Magic of Equinix" video where we have asked some of our Equinix EMEA employees why they chose Equinix as their employer of choice. The magic of Equinix lives in our employees and brings people from all over the world together making Equinix an awesome place to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIUL_ggfWCs&t=137s