Our Engineering Department within RWE Renewables is looking for Engineering Managers with a solid technical background to drive our offshore development activities with a focus on floating & fixed bottom offshore wind projects within the European region (current focus Scandinavia & Baltics).
As member of the project senior management team (SMT) manage the engineering activity throughout the project lifecycle providing day to day leadership to the technical project team members of Offshore Wind projects, e.g. management of all technical functions and work; focal point for technical discussions and its commercial impact; resource and schedule planning, and budget
- Promote a consistent and inherently safe design and work practices; ensure that risks are managed/mitigated, demonstrably ALARP and conveyed to all stakeholders
- Ensure design integrity, compliance and technical risk management in line with applicable regulations
- In early phase projects, lead the definition of scope of technical requirements and strategy for effective data acquisition, analysis and evaluation to maximum effect within budget and resource constraints; including oversight of technical LCOE & innovation measures
- Responsibility for definition, optimization and integration of the project design with due regard to the project commercial drivers, schedule and budget; Technical sign-off of critical project technical decisions, work packages and contracts
- Interface with the package management, construction, commissioning and operations teams as required to ensure the project is designed and delivered with all stages of the lifecycle considered
- Oversight and responsibility for maintenance of data about project e.g. site conditions, residual risks, technical information
- Support collation of relevant cost inputs for technical elements of the project (e.g. CAPEX and OPEX)
- Support contracting process and negotiation activities with suppliers e.g. creation of pre-bid tender documents, approval of engineering documents and invitation to tender technical specifications
- Professionally qualified to degree level in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Significant relevant experience in development & construction of large infrastructure projects with a strong track record of success. Experience in Offshore fixed-bottom projects (experience in (floating technology is a plus)
- A sound understanding of the competitive offshore wind market with a high degree of offshore wind expertise (technical, development, project management and commercial)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people on different levels of hierarchy, different backgrounds and cultures, must be a team player
- Results-oriented and Commercial mindset, ability to analyse, summarize and convey complex topics concisely
- Proven experience, ability to build, motivate and develop high performing teams, acting comfortably in cross-cultural teams, collaborating across country boundaries with a sense of diversity and inclusion
Apply now with just a few clicks:
Any questions? Contact specialist department: Tim Sheehan, Tim.Sheehan@rwe.com
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
In this role, we work with ongoing selection, however, apply for the role no later than October 13th.