DNV Maritime, Ship Classification Approval Organization (M-SA) consists of Approval Centre Høvik/Ålesund, Approval Centre Hamburg and Approval Support Centre Gdynia. Total number of employees is around 440 with the two bigger units in Norway and Germany, and a smaller unit in Poland.
M-SA’s most important asset is our employee’s competence and motivation to help and support our customers through the consistent delivery of high-quality services. As a member of the M-SA community you act in a professional, competent, and service oriented environment and in return receive good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues across locations.
Engineer Electrical Systems & TA/MED Electrical, Control & Bridge
DNV is looking for a young engineer to join the Electrical Systems & TA/MED Electrical, Control & Bridge section to work in Approval Center Norway.
This section’s main task is approval of documents for ship and offshore newbuilding and conversion projects, type approval of components to our rules and Marine Equipment Directive, support to fleet in service as second line support and development of rules and services within the technical area. The section also provides expert knowledge to DNV’s local stations, sales force and business development leaders.
The section is looking to increase the team with an engineer working with Type Approval and Certification of control- and navigation equipment. Type Approval is essential to confirm that the equipment meets applicable requirements and is permitted to be installed on board ships, and is based on technical requirements in DNV class rules, international regulations (Marine Equipment Directive, IMO) and standards (IEC, ISO, EN).
We can offer a great working environment with exciting and challenging tasks in a team of experienced and motivated employees.
Our new colleague will report to Head of Section for Electrical Systems & TA/MED Electrical, Control & Bridge. The section consists of 20 employees as of today and is part of the Department for Ship Systems & Components, which is organized into five technical discipline sections.
The successful candidate is expected mainly to contribute to delivery and development of our processes, products and services within:
- Type approval of control system components such as:
- fire- and gas detection equipment
- sensors, actuators, controllers, I/O- and communication cards
- network equipment, computers, and displays.
- Type approval of navigational equipment such as:
- Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS)
- Auto pilots and Track Control Systems
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (e.g. GPS)
- Testing of equipment at manufacturers premises.
- Collaborate to the development of internal and external rules and standards
We need to strengthen our team with a young professional with following qualifications:
Bachelor/master in the field of automation / control systems, cybernetics and/or electronics.
- Newly graduated or some years of relevant experience.
- Preferably some experience with navigation systems, automation systems or field instrumentation.
- Self-motivated and result oriented
- Ability to build trust, confidence and respect
- Flexible, service-minded and with a positive attitude
- Honest, open and committed to DNV’s purpose, visions and values
- Good communication skills in English, verbally and in writing. Company language is English.
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norway’s most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad.
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and is headquartered in Norway.
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
For more information about the position, please contact:
Marta Alonso Pontes, Head of Section Electrical Systems and TA/MED Electrical, Control & Bridge; +47 97722179;
Ståle Sneen, Group leader type approval control system components; +47 95165032;
Steinar Kristensen, Group leader type approval bridge systems; +47 95919978.
Company & Business Area Description:
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.