MacGregor is a leader in sustainable maritime cargo and load handling with a wide portfolio of products, services and solutions. Building on our extensive oil & gas expertise, we are developing a strong position as a provider of offshore renewable energy solutions.
Shape your journey onboard and offshore with us
Are you our next Engineer, Electrical and Instrumentation?
We are looking for a motivated E&I Engineer preferable with experience in the offshore and maritime industry to join our skilled engineering team in Arendal/Kristiansand.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing and modifying equipment from existing product portfolios and making new functions and elements
- Assist in the tender phase (read and comment on the customer specifications, highlight risks, produce required documentation in accordance with specification)
- Responsible for producing required technical documentation for products and projects
- Responsible for delivering design on budgeted cost, time and quality. Report progress, remaining time and cost, as well as flagging deviations vs. budget and suggesting mitigating actions
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of relevant class rules, standards and regulations for relevant products
- Proactively update all relevant parties of progress and possible risks in the projects
- Responsible for given project tasks for both performance goals and delivery dates
- Give internal and external technical support
- Other duties as assigned by the Line Manager (including flexibility to travel if required)
What you’ll need to succeed:
- University degree (MSc / BSc) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience within electrical power and automation systems is an advantage
- Able to understand and work with offshore standards (DNV, ABS, CCS, BV, ATEX, IECEx, etc)
- Relevant software experience (E3, CAD, ERP, PLM, PDM, etc) is an advantage
- Strong communication and team-working skills across locations and countries
- Ability to plan and manage workload effectively
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
You will be part of:
By joining MacGregor, you will be able to work closely with leading industry professionals, developing and implementing new concepts that set the standards in the maritime transportation and offshore industries. We offer our employees the opportunity to be part of a truly global organization leveraged upon our shared values of Integrity, Quality and Safety. With us you will be part of a collaborative working culture with challenges and opportunities to further develop yourself professionally.
Interested to join?
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application by February 11, 2022.
For more information on the position, please contact:
Pawel Mika, E&I Discipline Lead
Mail: email@example.com, Phone: +47 405 88 000
MacGregor is part of Cargotec
MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.
MacGregor solutions and services for handling marine cargoes, vessel operations, offshore loads,crude/LNG transfer and offshore mooring are all designed to perform with the sea. www.macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,000 people.