Local Unit & Position Description: Are you interested in the maritime sector, looking for great variation in your job, meeting customers and you have education and /or knowledge as an electrical engineer?
Right now, our DNV office in Haugesund is looking for an Electrical Surveyor to join the team of 10 employees. At the Haugesund office our team of Surveyors do survey of offshore rigs, ships and manufacturing follow-up, and our customers vary from Rig/ship owners, yards and manufactures.
The region stretches from the open sea in the west to the fjords and mountains of the east and represents a wonderful scenery of western Norway. DNV Haugesund is part of DNV Maritime Norway with a total of 110 employees, working from 12 offices along the Norwegian coast. The unit is responsible for all our services to the maritime cluster in Norway.
The overall purpose of the job is to support Maritime Norway in its role to help DNV safeguard life, property and the environment and achieve our company vision: To be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations.
Your daily work will include different activities, such as follow up manufacturing at customer site, survey onboard mobile rigs and ships may also be relevant. However, most of the tasks will be related to certification and verification of materials and components with a focus on electrical installations and components. The work will mainly be executed in the vicinity of Haugesund, but some travel will be required.
Key responsibilities: *
- Certification of materials and components for ships and offshore units.
- Survey of equipment, electrical and automation installations at manufacturers intended for ships, offshore installations, and newbuildingâs.
- Survey of electrical and automation systems onboard ships, mobile offshore Units and newbuildingâs.
- Regularly meet and interact with our customers and support with technical assistance to clients.
- Following up periodical surveys and assessments at customer sites and providing local support both on site and remotely.
- The work is carried out within our geographical area, but some travel/offshore work must be expected.
- We are looking for a surveyor with master/bachelorâs degree in science within electrical engineering and/or automation.
- Interest and willingness to build competence within the above-mentioned disciplines
- Valid driverâs license.
- Experience (0-10 years) from the offshore industry, maritime industry or shipbuilding is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Passion for working closely with customers.
- Self-driven and willing to share
- Open to change, proactive, and with a service-minded attitude
- Ability to work individually as well as in a collaborative environment
- Committed to safety
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English
- Passion for quality systems and the quality of work
- To become part of a recognized international company
- Talented colleagues and a pleasant working environment
Hard work but also lots of fun
- Tailormade training and courses with opportunities for own development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- 6 weeks of annual leave
- A meaningful job with one of Norwayâs most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norwayâs most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad.
For more information, please contact:
BjÃ¸rnar Strand, Head of Section Norway CMC, West, +47 91318818
Company & Business Area Description: DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the worldâs leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry â across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement: DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Location: Flathauggaten 12, Haugesund
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations