Electrical Engineer For Offshore Wind
Education Preferred:Master's Degree
Experience Preferred:5 - 7 Years
Closing Date:Sep 15 2021
We're 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we're facing an enormous task: supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We're up for the challenge. Are you?
The positionBy joining our team in Renewables you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead & ‘package manage’ electrical systems related activities for one or several offshore wind projects in early phases of development, including electrical systems infrastructure, substations, array cables and export cables. Lead communications, meetings and information exchange with various suppliers, partners and other internal project disciplines, and participate in contract negotiations with suppliers.
- Support early phase projects with concept selection and development related to electrical systems, e.g transmission selection (HVAC or HVDC), cable system selection, dimensioning criteria, control and protection, design of HV export systems, and performing electrical system studies and analysis. Contribute to project bid writing, transfer lessons learned from operational and execution projects, and identify, manage, and control or identify mitigations to projects risks related to electrical systems.
- Support technology development and technology qualification of new electrical equipment or systems, coordinate with other Equinor departments, and identify cost reduction and value improvement activities or actions related to electrical discipline workstreams.
- Develop company technical requirements and specifications related to electrical equipment and systems.
- Participate in industry working groups, task force, committees, and project teams related to electrical discipline, and manage interfaces towards other technical disciplines. e.g. WTG, marine installation, etc.
- Provide input to grid connection applications, interconnection contracts, and grid code compliance contracts.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, power systems or similar
- Electrical Engineer with 5 years or more of relevant experience in the Transmission & Distribution / Offshore/ Renewables industry, with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of HV transmission and distribution systems
- Experience in design of high voltage electrical systems, including conceptual and detailed substation design or HV/MV switchgear specification, especially in the presence of cable interconnections.
- Knowledge of and experience working with electrical /operational safety rules and standards in offshore wind
- Experience from project development and execution including developing electrical system concepts and maturing the concepts to project execution stages, equipment FAT and corresponding standards, or commissioning and installation
- Knowledge of and experience working WTG electrical drive train – generator, converters and transformers, switchgear etc.
Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
At Equinor, we care about each other as much as our business. That's why we offer:
- Not just a job; a career. In Equinor, your development begins on day one. You will build your competence through a wide range of learning activities while being empowered to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies. Our internal job market allows endless opportunities for development and growth within your own field or in other interesting and relevant areas for you.
- Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries, global parental leave, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
- Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees' well-being is a priority. We recognise that for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. That's why we encourage you to make use of our flexible work arrangements.
- An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger. For us true inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
For more information visit Equinor's website: https://www.equinor.com/