MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with us.
Shape your journey onboard and offshore with us
We are looking for an Electrical Designer to work in our Cargo Access Systems (CAS) business line in Gothenburg, Sweden. The purpose of the position is to design complete systems for RORO, cruise and linkspan, typically in cooperation with Mechanical and Hydraulic Designers and our subcontractors. The electrical systems are an integrated part of our offerings. They are customized in accordance with customer- and government requirements as well as standardized according to the CAS business lines’s practice.
You will work in project teams as responsible for the design of electrical systems, technical drawings and preparation of purchase documentation. This position reports to Gustaf Gustafsson, Manager, Control System and is part of MacGregor's Merchant Solutions Division.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Electrical design for a single complicated item, or several/all uncomplicated items within a contract
- Under the supervision of a Senior Designer, responsible for multiple/all items of a more complicated type of equipment
- Overseeing allocated sub-contractors work and deliveries
- Planning and follow ups for allocated resources, reporting to Design Responsible and Control System Manager
- Support R&D/Standard in NC-process and product development.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- B.Sc. in Electrical Design or automation
- Experience with working in CAD, preferably E3 and AutoCAD
- Competence in Autodesk Inventor is preferred
- Good written and verbal English.
You will be part of:
By joining MacGregor, you will be able to work closely with leading industry professionals, developing and implementing new concepts that set the standards in the maritime transportation and offshore industries. We offer our employees the opportunity to be part of a truly global organization leveraged upon our shared values of Integrity, Quality and Safety. With us you will be part of a collaborative working culture with challenges and opportunities to further develop yourself professionally.
In addition we also offer:
- Wellness allowance every year
- Benefit portal Benify
- Pension advice portal Lifeplan
- Collective agreement
- International work environment
- Work in a company with high tempo and with much going on
Interested to join?
For further information please contact Gustaf Gustafsson, Manager, Control System on email: email@example.com
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your CV by 15.05.2021.
MacGregor is part of Cargotec
MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.
MacGregor solutions and services for handling marine cargoes, vessel operations, offshore loads,crude/LNG transfer and offshore mooring are all designed to perform with the sea. www.macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people.