Become part of a friendly work environment and an enthusiastic team solving great challenges!
By joining our team, you will be embarking on a unique journey with the world's leading provider of technology to the global energy industry. Our vision is to deliver customer centric products emerging energy and low carbon space. Evolving our competence into reducing our carbon footprint towards a more sustainable future.
This is an onshore position, Location will be Tananger.
The Project Engineer acts as the customer point-of-contact for product line operations, providing superior levels of support throughout the service delivery process and contract performance. The Project Engineer leverages their technical expertise to make operational and technological recommendations that will optimize drilling performance. They ensure the services delivered to the customer comply with contractual agreements and meets objectives and performance metrics. This person directs field employees in safe, reliable, and efficient product and service delivery. The Project Engineer is responsible for driving customer satisfaction and service quality and is responsible for the COSD (i.e., resource consumption).
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the offshore engineers and coach them in their everyday tasks, to the safe completion of the job. Approval of timesheet and travel-expenses, as well as annual performance appraisals
- Engage with the customer to understand high-level goals, business plans, and objectives related to the project.
- Develop project plan and explore opportunities for value-added products and services, including across PL’s.
- Understand project financial metrics.
- Define risks, risk mitigation measures, and risk responses for the project.
- Capture and confirm job-specific requirements.
- Manage project Inventory value and inventory reconciliation.
- Capture project improvements and optimization opportunities such as lessons learned and best practices.
- Develop technical job designs as required for the product line.
- Evaluate the project drilling performance data against relevant benchmark data for the delivered products or services.
- Provide technical support throughout the service delivery process.
- Define projects resource plan (assets, products and workforce) and capture demand forecast in business system.
- Manage service delivery process to exceed customer expectations.
- Identify areas where new and cost-effective techniques can be applied.
- Review the quality and completeness of job deliverables including end of well recap, OneTrax Central upload and job invoicing supporting documents.
- Proactively identify and resolve invoice disputes.
- Minimum Bachelor Engineering Degree, preferably within petroleum technology or chemistry, or equivalent. Other relevant disciplines will also be considered.
- Basic drilling fluids course (Mud School) – required
- Fluent in English required, Norwegian preferred
- General IT knowledge
- Minimum 2-5 years experience as Drilling Fluids Engineer or cementer offshore
- Offshore experience from Norwegian Shelf
- Previous experience as Project Engineer and/or from cementing is preferred
- You are self-motivated, outgoing and a good team player.
- You must be a person who enjoy challenges and finding the best way going forward.
- The right attitude towards your coworkers, customers and suppliers will be highly valued.
We can offer
- International working environment and career opportunities through the Schlumberger system
- Opportunity to learn and grow within the company
- Good working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
Please apply to this position as soon as possible, by following the link.
By submitting your CV you indicate your consent for Schlumberger to process your personal details in relation to potential job vacancies. Your details will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any questions, please contact Senior recruiter listed to this job post.