Who Is Spectralink?
Spectralink provides best-in-class Wi-Fi smart phones and DECT based communications solutions that enable mobile workers like nurses, warehouse staff and retail sales associates to do their job better than ever.
As the global leader in purpose-built wireless communications, we’ve deployed over 3 million devices to customers around the World. Our dedication to listening and understanding the needs of the customer is the foundation of our business. We use this expertise every day to build the right solutions for mobile workers.
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in the U.K. and Denmark, we are one global company with a common vision and mission to provide the best possible enterprise mobile experience for our customers.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, professional Director to provide leadership to our growing engineering team in Denmark. The successful candidate will have management responsibility for the engineering life cycle development and maintenance of an enterprise grade DECT wireless telecommunications system. Our highly successful products are sold and supported across the European and North American market. We are looking for a mature and inspiring leader with engineering process discipline to consistently deliver on-time, within budget, and with high quality. You will also form a strong partnership with the EMEA Sales Managing Director in order to help create the “voice of EMEA” for our employees and customers. Partnering with product management, the engineering Director will actively participate and contribute in strategic planning and management of resources, environments, technical partnerships, and product releases. The Director will have significant influence over the strategic, functional and technical direction of our innovative products.
- Define, implement, and constantly improve a disciplined engineering process to ensure repeatable and consistent delivery of new products and product enhancements. Product deliveries must consistently be on-time, within budget, meet customer expectations and exhibit high quality and reliability.
- Provide inspired leadership of a team consisting of software engineers, hardware engineers, documentation specialists, and outsourced resources.
- Work collaboratively with product management to define product strategy, product roadmaps and product features. Assist product management with creating high level product requirements used by the engineering team. Work with the engineering team to provide accurate engineering estimations to turn the product roadmap into detailed release plans. Be skillful at understanding product strategy, roadmap and translating them into implementation.
- Collaborate with others in our global organization to build a strong, innovative, customer-focused engineering team and influence overall Horsens team outside of engineering.
- Ensure the engineering department maintains proper architecture and design of the product to ensure efficient code maintenance, high quality and extensibility of the technology.
- Lead the product management and engineering teams in assessing alternate technologies for solving customer problems, including partnerships and co-development.
- Experience with establishing, managing and using the services of offshore engineering teams.
- Experience in putting effective contracts, SOW’s and project management practices in place for managing and working with technology partners.
- Manage the creation, maintenance and improvement of end user technical documentation.
- Actively participate in the site leadership team; exhibiting strong communication to build exceptional working relationships within the site, with the EMEA sales team and with the company’s global headquarters.
- Understand customer escalation processes and actively work with the company’s global services team. Partner across engineering, operations and business partner teams to deliver highly scalable and reliable customer services.
- Proactively collaborate, communicate and define efficient work processes across engineering, documentation, product management, operations and customer service teams.
- Drive resolution of impediments to delivering world class software. Research, share and deploy best practices around the engineering life cycle development.
- Search out and evangelize new and emerging technologies. Foster an environment of innovation and creativity, balanced with the business needs of on-time delivery of high quality features.
- Execute engineering projects with 3rd party AIMS and technology partners.
- Experience in both software and hardware engineering highly desired. Technical responsibilities mix is approximately 80% software and 20% hardware engineering.
- Proven background in driving cultural changes in an engineering team. Demonstrated track record for collaboration and thought leadership.
- Knowledge of both DECT and overall trends in the marketplace for DECT technology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Be articulate, confident, collaborative and persuasive in your speaking skills with fluency in the Danish and English languages.
- Hands-on engineering experience with embedded systems, including software and hardware.
- Experience with leading engineering teams in application development on Linux platforms; (MSFT platforms a plus), embedded software development tools and environments.
- Strong background and experience with mobile communications and RF implementations such as DECT, WiFi, and GSM.
- Experience with IoT systems, SaaS, and Cloud development is a plus.
- Expertise in multiple software development methodologies, including Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Extreme, and Waterfall. Demonstrated success in leading a team to implement a development process using industry best-practices to solve business needs.
- Experience in managing the development and manufacturing support of complex electronic hardware.
- Infrequent international travel is required.
When you look us up you’ll find that we have been around for a while and have had an amazing ride; an IPO, an acquisition, now coming full circle with the tremendous opportunity to be back on our own. We are excited about the future. We have an incredibly dedicated and passionate team, effective executive leadership and a renewed focus to continue to dominate our industry.
All of this history makes us unique, we’re a smaller company (under 200) which means you’ll have a voice in the organization, along with a seasoned team and proven products all without the worry of where the next round of funding will come from. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan with specifics based on your home country.
Join us and be part of our next great chapter!