Are you all about automation and do you want to be a central part of our Continuous Integration/Deployment journey? Here is an exciting opportunity!
Terma provides mission critical solutions for the defense and aerospace industry. We are guided by one overall purpose: To deliver security for countries, alliances, and individuals. We operate in a variety of areas, but security is always the key. We deliver advanced technologies to keep people safe, both in peacetimes and in times of conflict. Our systems provide security for people on land, at sea, and in the air. In space, we are engaged in reaching new frontiers and enabling people on our planet to deal with new and upcoming challenges. Terma puts an emphasis on diversity and brings passionate people together with different cultural and professional backgrounds.
The team and organization
In this role we are looking for a DEVOPS Engineer for a very central and newly established DEVOPS & Integration team within our Command & Control (C2) organization in Herlev. The C2 organization is mainly responsible for our C2 Naval system, C-Flex, that provides situational awareness et. al. for surveillance, maritime safety, and combat purposes at sea. The C2 organization counts around 80 highly engaged colleagues and is an area of great focus and importance in Terma. Within the C2 organization in Herlev we work in stable, interdisciplinary, and self-managed teams based on the agile principles.
Terma’s DEVOPS journey started a few years back, but now we want to take to the next level – here you will have a central role! The team plays an important role in our Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) strategy and is, among others, responsible for automation, tool stack infrastructure development and maintenance enabling automatic testing, integration, deployment, and release. The tool stack is used in other business areas as well and coordination to ensure alignment and the best possible reuse and utilization is essential. The team is furthermore responsible for the automatic deployment of our C-Flex system to our physical reference sites, which, to a high degree, reflect the HW and SW environment on the vessels that C-Flex is deployed to. The team is therefore multi-disciplinary containing DEVOPS, HW, SW, and IT skills, among others.
Your experience and education
You have a relevant education, i.e., a Master’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience. Preferable you have minimum 3 years of experience as DevOps Engineer or similar. More specifically we are looking for a colleague with experience within the following areas:
- Scriptable orchestration and provisioning (Ansible, Puppet or similar)
- Programming and debugging skills in scripting languages
- CI/CD pipelines and tools (Jenkins, TeamCity or similar)
- Containers and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Linux system administration (Red hat, CentOS preferred)
- Windows system administration
- Network, server, virtual machine (WM) administration/monitoring (Zabbix, Cockpit or similar)
- If you are conversational in Java and/or C++ it will help you to interface with our other development teams
- If you have experience with agile development methods (Scrum) that will likewise be an advantage
You as a person
- You are a team player, and you take pride in communicating actively and acting proactively towards your teammates and stakeholders
- Analytical and systematic approach to problem solving and ability understand and work with complex solutions
- Good cooperation skills, as you will need to work with many people in the organization
- Ability to learn about new languages and tools to improve our systems
- You respect the formal working processes while still mastering agile principles
Bear in mind that candidates must be able to obtain a security clearance by the Danish national security agency. This entails that candidates, as a minimum, have stayed within NATO/EU for the last 7 years only interrupted by short stays abroad and have citizenship from a country that is member of NATO.
What can Terma offer you?
You will join a high-tech, international, and creative working environment in a demanding sector that offers many challenges and opportunities for personal development. You will be part of a dedicated team characterized by professional pride and humor. In addition to the professional challenges, Terma offers a wide range of social activities and sports facilities, where employees meet in an informal atmosphere.
Want to know more?
Feel free to contact Michael Smed Kristensen, Director, C2 Situational Awareness via mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your CV and application as soon as possible, as we will process applications continuously. Please note, that to manage your application effectively and confidentially in our recruiting system, we only receive applications via our job portal.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma A/S is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.