Imagine a future where you’re leading bids and projects for the world leader in offshore wind to continue growth for the Continental Europe region
Join us in this role where you’ll deliver winning bids and mature them to final investment decision, working with engineering and procurement to construction handover. You'll ensure that the overall business objectives of the development project are met regarding the overall business case, timeline, budget, agreed scope & specifications. This will also include resourcing the project with the best internal talent to deliver innovative solutions to allow us to optimise our projects and portfolio.
Welcome to Continental Europe Project Development
You’ll be part of the Project Development Centre of Expertise team where you, together with your colleagues, will win bids, develop, and mature offshore wind projects with integrated energy solutions. You'll work with highly experienced and knowledgeable development project directors and technical project managers in an exciting and dynamic environment across a variety of European markets. You'll report to the Head of Project Development Centre of Expertise where you’ll be able to share your ideas and opportunities for optimising processes across all regions.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating and managing the overall development budget, project scope, and time schedule along with regular and ongoing high-quality reports to the Project Steering Committee, senior management and partners
- leading multi-disciplinary teams to optimise the project and securing key project boundary conditions e.g., permits, land rights, and grid connections
- ensuring that both internal and external resources work according to the highest standards for health, safety, environmental, and concerns, while enhancing team collaboration
- delivering day to day management of the project team, ensuring all project risks are managed and project targets are set and actively progressed
- liaising with our extensive network of internal specialists and external consultants to ensure innovative technical and optimised and competitive project design.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have excellent project management skills at a senior level in complex projects, with experience in leading multidisciplinary teams across Europe
- can demonstrate your ability to influence stakeholders, bring teams together, create a shared vision, and work effectively in a matrix organisation across a variety of cultures
- will show an appetite for innovation and enjoy working in an exciting environment where we bid to win and develop to deliver
- must have project development or commercial bid experience in wind power, electricity transmission, marine environment, or other related and similar disciplines.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12 November 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Sophie Hartfield Lewis, Head of Project Development, Continental Europe, on if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
12 November 2021, 23:59 CEST
Country: Denmark, United Kingdom
Workplace: Gentofte, London
Working hours: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Sophie Hartfield Lewis
Project Development Director, CE Project
Change your consent
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer