Join our global team for a career filled with opportunities to solve challenges both small and large, local and global, simple and complex.
Anchor your career in the maritime industry and dive into a sea of opportunities with us now!
Empowering people through technology is our aspiration and is setting the standard for how we work with technology across Wilhelmsen as shapers of the maritime industry. Creating actionable insights from data is a strategic priority and w e are continuing to build and invest in our data & analytics platforms to support our ever-changing data driven ambitions as a company.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to strengthen our Data & Analytics team by taking a key role in making our data driven ambitions a reality .
The Data & Analytics t eam plays a key role in Wilhelmsen Ships Ser vice delivering operational, financial and management reporti ng to business divisions across the organization. Th is Agile team consists of both internal and external data engineers , ha v ing full end to end responsibility for both developmen t and operations , from creating the data pipelines to visualising the data to end users.
We have recently completed our migration to Snowflake in Azure and are now looking for someone who can play a key role in the journey of tak ing it to the next level . The right person will help own designing and developing data pipelines, data models, reports, and dashboard s , as well as functioning as our Power BI subject matter expert . You will also be involved in continuously improving Self Service BI as well as driving Power BI competence within the organization . The right candidate will also have the possibility t o work with use-cases related to advanced anal ytics , including Process Mining and I o T/streaming data.
This is the perfect role for you if y ou enjoy getting your hands dirty with data and code , and thrive in solv ing complex challenges and testing out new technologies. The right candidate will play a key role in making our data -driven ambitions a reality. We can offer a great culture and work environment, career development, work-life balance and a job that is both challenging and stimulating. Our organization thrives by using modern tools and is eager to utilize the business opportunities that comes with new digital tools and skills. Our ideal candidate is looking for new challenges and would like to join a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about innovation, technology, and transformation.
Sound interesting? If you can see yourself in this role, please let us know why you are our new Solution Architect by submitting your resume and cover letter in English.
The role will report to the Data & Analytics Manager.
Your m ain responsibilities
- Develop and maintain Power BI reports in collaboration with key stakeholders across the organization
- Design , develop and quality assure data pipelines and dimensional model s (star-schema)
- Maintain Power BI service, including workspace, report and app management.
- Drive the competency build related to Power BI throughout the organisation, to ensure that WSS are in the forefront when it comes to utilizing Power BI and the surrounding Microsoft application eco- system
- Run bi-weekly â Center of Excellenceâ forums, with Power BI as one of the focus areas to share ideas, best-practices and other cool stuff
Qualifications you have for this role
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Power BI and building data visualisations, as well as building and maintaining data pipelines and dimensional data- modelling
- Experience with Power BI, Snowflake, WhereScape and/or other ETL and visualisation tools
- Experience wit h Azur e and /or other cloud platform s
- E xperience with D AX /SQL/Python and/or other data preparation languages
- Team player attitude with a desire to learn and develop yourself both technically and through business knowledge and understanding.
- You enjoy working in agile environments and are comfortable iterating quickly
- Proficient in English, written and verbal with great communication skills
- Bachelorâs degree from business /finance , computer science, engineering or similar.
Work Location: Lysaker, Norway
Application Deadline: 7 May 2021
Contact for more information: Kiley.Wallace@Wilhelmsen.com
Job Type: Full-time