As our maritime clients are asking for our help now more than ever before, we are looking for new highly motivated, skilled, and enthusiastic colleagues who would like to join our Maritime Advisory Safety, Risk and Reliability consulting unit in Ålesund.
In the Safety, Risk and Reliability unit, we work closely with maritime clients to provide them with the foundation to make risk-based decisions on operational and technical issues. Our customers come to us for a unique combination of world-leading technical expertise, detailed industry knowledge and understanding of the balance between business and regulatory issues. We work to ensure that safety is at the core of all developments in the maritime industry.
We always work as a team and collaborate closely with our colleagues in other parts of the world to share ideas and local knowledge. This helps to ensure that we provide cost efficient and timely support to our clients.
As a consultant in Safety, Risk and Reliability, you will be challenged in all aspects of project management from proposals, project planning, project execution and client follow up. Our client projects vary greatly, and we take pride in understanding and dealing with emerging challenges in the maritime industry. You will contribute to idea generation, innovation and service development. We emphasize the importance of close interaction with our clients. We believe that a detailed understanding of the problem ensures good solutions for our clients. Our global network will allow you to take part in exciting projects together with clients all over the world.
You will help our clients to find their way as the industry moves towards digitalization, autonomy and decarbonisation of shipping. Following our mission of safeguarding life, property and the environment, you will be helping our maritime clients to sustain a healthy business while navigating the complex regulatory landscape, timely and cost efficiently implementing new technology, utilizing the value of digital technology, ensure better utilization of their assets and safe operations. These responsibilities will require the successful candidates to have working experience with in at least one area related to risk management, project management, safety management, technology qualification, efficient logistics, accident investigation, organisational change and development, human factors. You will likely be involved in several of these aspects.
- A general interest in the maritime industry and technology
- Ability to digest information and apply your knowledge to complex technical issues
- Ability to understand and convey the business implication of technical issues
- Ability to look beyond what is apparent to see trends and systemic impacts of underlying facts
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivation to take on new challenges
- Pro-active mind-set, creativity, initiative and quality focus
- To enjoy working in teams and sharing your knowledge
- To maintain a high degree of integrity in what you do and deliver
- Education at Master level preferable (e.g. marine, machinery, risk management, reliability, industrial economics, social sciences)
- Candidates with operational experience are encouraged to apply (e.g. Master mariner/chief officer)
- Working experience with risk assessments both qualitative and quantitative
- Good digital skills and programming experience is appreciated
- Fluent in English and Norwegian both written and verbal
- Experience: We are looking both for junior and senior consultants
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Position in a team of dedicated and highly competent colleagues with expert knowledge and specialities within the maritime domain
- Be part of a world leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and headquartered in Norway.
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!