About the position
The Global Maritime Forum is looking for a committed communications intern with a desire to contribute to our mission of shaping the future of global seaborne trade to increase sustainable long-term economic development and human wellbeing. Our activities are currently focused on four issues: decarbonization, digitalization, seafarer wellbeing and improving talent and diversity within the maritime industry.
In this position, your role will be to help support the various initiatives and activities of the Global Maritime Forum by communicating to a broad range of stakeholders. You will be tasked to help with a wide variety of communications and public relations disciplines, including:
- Development of communications and public relations strategies
- Creation of press releases, newsletters and content for our website
- Communication to our partners and high-level community
- Social media activities
- Creation of printed communications products with external design team
- Planning of communications around our various workshops and workstreams.
To some extent, the tasks can be adapted to your interests and adjusted to meet your educational requirements, if the internship should be an obligatory part of the intern’s study program.
- You have a passion for communication and/or public relations and can identify and write the good stories.
- You must be fluent in English (oral and written). Danish is not required.
- You possess good analytical and writing skills.
- You possess good time and project management skills.
- You are currently enlisted at a relevant educational institution at the start of the internship.
- You are a dedicated worker who is quick to familiarize yourself with new topics and has the interest and motivation required to drive positive industry change.
- You are responsible, calm, positive and able to keep the bigger picture in mind while working on various tasks – big or small. As a colleague, you are enthusiastic, helpful and diligent.
The Global Maritime Forum is an international not-for-profit foundation. It is committed to unleashing the potential of the global maritime industry to increase sustainable long-term economic development and human wellbeing.
To serve our mission, we convene leaders from across the maritime community with policy-makers, NGOs, experts, and other influential decision-makers and opinion shapers from all geographies in a community of purpose to discuss collective challenges and to work together on developing new solutions and recommendations for action. In order to do so, the Forum identifies, develops and shares new insights and key issues on the global agenda and facilitates collaborative projects and initiatives that can deliver long-term impact and sustainable change.
The Global Maritime Forum organizes various workshops around the globe on different initiatives. Part of this work is in collaboration with other organizations. Based on the outcome of these events, The Forum will assist in the formulation and guidance of certain industry led initiatives. Specifically, the Forum has fostered the development of several tangible projects such as: The Poseidon Principles, Sea Cargo Charter and Getting to Zero Coalition. These initiatives are currently expanding, and the Forum is working towards developing even more collaborative industry projects.
In addition, The Global Maritime Forum publishes insight articles and a yearly Issue Monitor that examines the impact, likelihood and preparedness of global issues that affect the global maritime industry. Also, the Forum hosts the Future Maritime Leaders Essay Competition as a means to bring the voices of the younger generations into the discussion.
What we offer you
- Experience in communications and public relations from an international project-orientated organization with a global media network.
- An insight into the structures and management of different aspects of the global maritime industry.
- A chance to be part of a growing not-for-profit organization that is shaping the future of the maritime industry.
- Experience working in an international team of highly motivated people who are dedicated to improving the sustainability, efficiency, diversity and safety of the maritime industry.
- A chance to travel for Global Maritime Forum organized events.
- A stipend to offset living expenses.
The internship is a full-time position and will run for 6 months from the start date. The start date for the internship is 1 March 2022 or as agreed upon. The intern will be expected to work at the office in Copenhagen.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com no later than 9 January 2022. Please mark your application “Communications and PR intern”.
To inquire more information about the Global Maritime Forum or the internship, please call Managing Director Michael Søsted on +45 4253 2047 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.