BW LNG provides floating solutions for LNG, owning and operating a fleet of 28 LNG carriers and Floating Storage and Regasification Units from offices in Oslo, Singapore, Rio, Houston, Beijing, Manila and Mumbai. We are constantly looking for new solutions to serve our customers and to play a role in the transition towards clean and low-carbon energy, while striving for Zero Harm to people and the environment.
BW LNG is part of BW Group, a leading global maritime company involved in shipping, floating infrastructure, deepwater oil & gas production, and new sustainable technologies. BW Group controls a fleet of over 400 ships transporting crude oil, oil products, and dry commodities, and comprises one of the largest gas fleets in the world with 190 LNG and LPG vessels. The group also has interests in the renewables space, and currently holds investments within solar, offshore wind, batteries, biofuels and water treatment. In 2003, the group acquired Bergesen, Norway’s largest shipping company founded in 1935, and in 2005, the business was re-branded as BW. BW Group’s mission is to deliver energy for the world today and find solutions for tomorrow.
JOIN US FOR THE FUTURE
We are currently seeking:
COMMERCIAL SUMMER INTERN
In order to support our vision to be Best on Water, BW is looking for a highly motivated summer intern to support our Commercial team. Depending on qualifications and departmental needs, the summer intern might also get an opportunity to assist the Operations team on an ad hoc basis.
This is your opportunity to get hands-on experience in one of the world’s leading maritime organization.
- Conduct market research and analysis on the LNG shipping and FSRU sectors
- Support the business development team in tender activities
- Prepare marketing proposals and other related materials
- Build and maintain project and financial models
- Analyze trends and operational data
- Participate in specific projects or Operations tasks as required
- Undergoing a degree in either Finance, Business Management, Economics, Shipping, Marine Technology, Industrial Economics, Engineering or equivalent
- Current 3rd and 4th year students are preferred
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong Excel modelling and PowerPoint skills
- High motivation and drive, flexible attitude
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of market dynamics
- Structured and well-organized
- Proven ability to work independently, but with strong teamwork skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with cultural awareness
- A challenging position and good opportunities for individual and professional development
- An international and highly competent working environment
- A chance to get hands-on experience with one of the world’s leading maritime groups
The position will be based in Oslo. Working period is from May to August (with some flexibility depending on university schedules). Please submit your application with CV, transcripts and motivation letter through our website within 17th October 2021. For further information, please contact Torjus Halden, Commercial Analyst, phone: +47 9795 8211 or Kamilla M. Røstad, HR Manager, phone: +47 9041 9496.