It’s rare to have an opportunity to change the course of a multi-billion $ global industry that has experienced very little by way of digital disruption. If you have a drive to push the boundaries of digital innovation in an industry with multiple different suppliers and customers, then our latest venture is one for you.
In partnership with one of the leading global supply, trade, and logistics conglomerates, BCGDV is launching a global digital marketplace for the maritime industry and now hiring the future employees who will take over the reins from the current incubation team. This build sits at the core of the corporate’s commitment to digital transformation and will have a unique opportunity to combine their existing business and build upon the MVP launch born in combination with the business building expertise of BCGDV.
To achieve these goals, we are now hiring a high-performing C-suite team to build on the great work done so far during incubation and ensure the continuity of the venture as it achieve its goals.
We are seeking a Chief Product Officer who will lead the digital platform build and own the vision for product roadmap and product strategy.
What you will be doing:
- Drive the development process and way of working end to end
- Identify opportunities to improve effectiveness through Agile and other methodologies, new working practices, collaboration, and partnerships
- Represent Product internally and externally with third parties and co-creation partners
- Lead the strategic planning and prioritisation processes and manage the product capital spend planning and allocation against strategy
- Be responsible for setting and ensuring Product Metrics, KPIs and OKRs
- Manage, measure and report on the required quality, scope, budget and outcomes of projects to the appropriate stakeholders, ensuring that overall product portfolio risks and dependencies are appropriately managed and communicated
- Drive user growth and retention strategies
- Be the Head of Product build - encompassing product, design & engineering
- Manage the delivery partnerships with a variety of models (e.g offshore, corporate IT)
- Source new engineering providers where necessary
- Build the Product function by building a high-performing team
- Build relationships with key stakeholders at corporate head office
- Build effective relationships cross-functionally
- Continually stay up to date on industry news, developments and trends
What you will need to bring to the table to be successful:
- Strong experience in building new digital products in a corporate environment as a product lead
- Experience of a heavy content driven product would be a benefit - e.g b2b commerce, logistics, retail
- Experience of different delivery models
- A resilient, strong communicator
- Able to be actively involved in vendor selection process with credible technical knowledge
- Need to be comfortable in a sales environment to be involved in key client relationships
- Analytical mind-set for decision making
- An engineering background would be beneficial
- Experience driving internal digital changes in a traditional industry
- Ideally you will have experience of building new ventures/business units with a corporate setting
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.