It’s rare to have an opportunity to change the course of a multi-billion $ global industry that has experienced very little by way of digital disruption. If you have a drive to push the boundaries of digital innovation and problem solve in a logistically complex industry with multiple different suppliers and customers, then our latest venture is one for you.
In partnership with one of the leading global supply, trade, and logistics conglomerates, BCGDV is launching a global digital marketplace for the maritime industry and now hiring the future employees who will take over the reins from the current incubation team. This build sits at the core of the corporate’s commitment to digital transformation and will have a unique opportunity to combine their existing business and build upon the MVP launch born in combination with the business building expertise of BCGDV.
To achieve these goals, we are now hiring a high-performing C-suite team to build on the great work done so far during incubation and ensure the continuity of the venture as it achieve its goals.
We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer who have full responsibility for the experience of all our customers while constantly reducing cost to service. Your team is the glue that connects customers, suppliers and 3rd party service providers on an operational level.
What you will be doing:
- Owning and constantly pushing the successful delivery to our customers into everything we think and do
- Analyze, describe, document, follow-up and improve end 2 end processes in the entire eco system (with both internal and external stakeholders)
- Ensure internal and external alignment on best practice of procedures and data
- Ensuring we leverage our digital footprint and effective use and store information and data with the aim of reducing cost to serve and delivering to our customers.
- Measure, report and follow up on all key KPIs related to the end 2 end processes
- With a strategic mindset looking at future requirements of the eco system (Suppliers, Customers and Service providers) and applying this so we can support/measure it and own/drive the agenda in the maritime industry.
- Guiding the Catalogue team, working very closely with the suppliers on guidelines, ongoing data quality checking etc
- Managing the team of Customer and supplier service agents (located offshore) handling all order / transaction deviations and acting as the day-to-day contact point towards customers, suppliers and service providers.
- Together with CCO team, engage in select customer and supplier talks to understand their needs in detail, to ensure they individually experience high performance and satisfaction as they mature on the platform.
- Build, grow and motivate the COO team with right commercial and analytical mindsets and skills.
- Strong internal stakeholder management towards tech and commercial teams to align expectations, new initiatives and status meetings.
- Some travel to be expected (10-20 days) to visit logistic providers, customer or suppliers world wide
What you will need to bring to the table to be successful:
- Strong experience in operational running a business unit or company end 2 end
- Strong experiences from a process and data driven organization (ideally combining logistics and commerce)
- Strong stakeholder management and solution solving skills in order to unlock stakeholder (customer/supplier/logistic providers) needs in a tangible way
- Digital mindset and open approach
- Able to set the scene and framework from a zero / non existing baseline
- Able to balance strategic view with detailed insights
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.