It’s rare to have an opportunity to disrupt a multi-billion $ global industry that has experienced very little by way of digital disruption. If you are an experience executive within the maritime industry that has a drive to push the boundaries of digital innovation, then our latest venture will be one to watch.
In partnership with one of the leading global supply, trade, and logistics conglomerates, BCGDV is launching a global digital marketplace for the maritime industry and now hiring the future employees who will take over the reins from the current incubation team. This build sits at the core of the corporate’s commitment to digital transformation and will have a unique opportunity to combine their existing business and build upon the MVP launch born in combination with the business building expertise of BCGDV.
To achieve these goals, we are now hiring a high-performing C-suite team to build on the great work done so far during incubation and ensure the continuity of the venture as it achieves its goals.
We are seeking a Chief Commercial Officer who will have full responsibility for the top line as well as customer and supplier performance and satisfaction.
What you will be doing:
- The first few years, the role will be very much oriented towards customer and supplier dialogue building and selling the concept and value propositions while continuously onboarding new customers/suppliers
- Strategic planning and mapping and prioritized approach to customers and suppliers based on the individual position and needs.
- Ensuring a continued build of the customer and supplier pipeline without compromising on quality.
- Aligning customer pipeline category and geographically needs with matching supplier deliverables.
- Together with CEO and Corporate Partner, engage in largest customer and supplier talks.
- Build own customer/supplier relations or takeover of client responsibility from CEO and ensure successful outcome
- Manage the transition of the suppliers and customers, to ensuring they individually experience high performance and satisfaction as they mature on the platform.
- Build, grow and motivate the commercial organization (customers and suppliers oriented) with right skills.
- Share key customer and supplier insights across the organization.
- Strong internal stakeholder management to ensure expectations and timeline is aligned before onboarding customers and suppliers
- Build and manage internal stakeholder relationships with corporate partners on customers and suppliers to align expectations, new initiatives, and status
- Travel will be needed to visit customers and suppliers worldwide
What you will need to bring to the table to be successful:
- Strong industry knowledge of the maritime industry– preferable across both supplier and customer side
- Strong empathy with counterparts to understand their needs
- Strong solution solving skills in order to unlock customer/supplier needs in a tangible way
- Digital mindset and open approach
- Ability to sell at VP level at large accounts
- High people management skills
- Ability to take ownership and initiative day 1 towards not only customers/suppliers but the platform in general
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.