It’s rare to have an opportunity to disrupt a multi-billion $ global industry that has experienced very little by way of digital disruption. If you are an experience executive within the maritime industry that has a drive to push the boundaries of digital innovation, then our latest venture will be one to watch.
In partnership with one of the leading global supply, trade, and logistics conglomerates, BCGDV is launching a global digital marketplace for the maritime industry and now hiring the future employees who will take over the reins from the current incubation team. This build sits at the core of the corporate’s commitment to digital transformation and will have a unique opportunity to combine their existing business and build upon the MVP launch born in combination with the business building expertise of BCGDV.
To achieve these goals, we are now hiring a high-performing C-suite team to build on the great work done so far during incubation and ensure the continuity of the venture as it achieves its goals.
We are seeking a Chief Executive Officer who will have full responsibility for the direction, performance & company culture of this new entity, based in Copenhagen.
What you will be doing:
- Build the new organization on the foundation of the corporate partner.
- Enable a unique culture and blending a digital mindset with the maritime industry.
- Building the team (commercial, operational, and digital) to ~30 FTEs end 2021 and ~40 end 2022.
- Focus initially on customer and supplier dialogue and onboarding.
- Manage the transition of the suppliers and customers, to ensuring they individually experience high performance and satisfaction as they mature on the platform.
- Proactively lead in selling the concept in person together with the relevant colleagues.
- The role will continue to build and grow the value propositions towards the entire eco system.
- Guiding the organization on the right direction based on the market feedback and strategic journey.
- Build the commercial team to ensure less dependency on the CEO role in respect to customer/supplier engagement, onboarding, and follow-up.
- Monitor industry & competitor movements and initiatives closely. Ensuring that the business stays ahead of all competition
- Since this is a startup, there will be significant hands-on tasks while building the concept, the team and establishing best practice procedures.
- Travel will be needed to visit customers and suppliers worldwide.
What you will need to bring to the table to be successful:
- Excellent maritime industry knowledge and insights in the various sectors.
- Excellent maritime network on buyer ideally also seller side.
- Strong experience in selling services and value propositions to the maritime market.
- Digital mindset and open approach.
- Ability to convincingly sell a concept at C-suite and Board level.
- Ability to build a new venture or business unit as well as identifying the right team needed to succeed.
- Experience of managing and growing P&L.
- Ideally a Ship Manager or large Agent background; or a track record of selling more complex products / strategic decisions at customer end, within the maritime industry.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.