RWE is looking for full time Casebook Managers within the Offshore Wind Bid Management Team. At RWE you will have a dynamic job where relationships building, hands-on decision making and progression will be an integrated part of your daily work.
In this role you will lead the business case development, optioneering and optimisation of early stage offshore wind development projects across the globe. You will work within the project’s bid workstream to determine and evaluate an envelope of cases, determine trends, analyse trade-offs and identify most effective options. You will collate, acquire and generate business intelligence in order to provide strategic direction for the project and the continuous optimisation of its business case. You can expect to support floating wind and green hydrogen project’s as well as fixed bottom offshore wind. Working with the Bid manager you will support bid submissions during competitive tenders and associated bid workstream activities.
The Bid Management team is your home team comprising of all global Casebook Managers and Bid Managers. You will be assigned into project teams in regions globally within the matrix organisation. Responding to the company’s growth pipeline your project(s) maybe situated in your home country or further afield.
This is an exciting role within RWE and the successful applicant will be a key member of a team with ambitious growth targets. We are offering you, a self-confident and independent commercial project manager the possibility to leverage your existing skill-sets to further enhance the capabilities of RWE Renewables in the highly competitive area of offshore wind lease and/or route to market auctions.
You can work with this role from: Malmo (SE), Hamburg (DE), Essen (DE), Swindon (UK) and Coventry (UK).
As Casebook Manager you will;
- Drive and analyse the business case development, optioneering and optimisation of early stage offshore wind development projects
- Co-ordinate across the project team the Casebook: a structured overview of all relevant project business cases assumptions.
- Determine and evaluate an envelope of cases, determine trends, analyse trade-offs and identify most effective options.
- Contribute to the identification of strategic levers and implementation thereof into the project’s business case to increase the competitiveness and deliverability of the bid.
- Support each project with optimal wind farm concept selection and optimization through economic analysis of design options
- Site Prospecting: Coordination of all inputs to enable ranking of possible site locations. Holistic risk and opportunity analysis of site options (e.g. permitting, grid access. Calculation of LCOEs to enable comparison of prospective sites.
- Support bid workstream to prepare and submit tender documentation and bid(s) ensuring submissions achieve compliance with the tender regulations and internal governance processes.
- Ensure best practice approaches, tools are shared across and transferred into bid projects.
Your Experience & Skills:
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Degree in business administration, engineering, renewable energy or similar numeric subject is expected.
- Track record of relevant professional experience in projects which should include developing business cases, optioneering, data analysis.
- Flair for handling & manipulating data to forecast, derive trends and test sensitivities.
- Interest in offshore wind tenders, business growth & competitive appetite.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to persuade, challenge and build credibility based on personally derived recommendations.
- Hands-on experience of optioneering.
- Computational literacy including handling large data sets is mandatory. Proficiency in VBA modelling or similar would be advantageous.
- General understanding of the components of offshore wind assets including cost drivers and key risks and opportunities is desirable.
- Ability to develop tools, processes and facilitate best practice & knowledge sharing.
- Any previous experience in floating wind or offshore green hydrogen would be advantageous.
- Appetite to take personal responsibility for driving own development & career growth, broadening your professional competencies, skills and own learnings across commercial, technical, legal and policy fields.
- A flexible approach as some international travel and attending meetings outside home time zone can be expected.
We handle applications on an ongoing basis so feel free to apply for the role today, but no later than May 9th.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the recruiting manager, James Kruimer Harris:
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.