Imagine a future where you provide expert guidance on US power market trends
Join us in this role where you’ll analyse and synthesise a wide range of market data and discuss your conclusions with other energy experts to support our company view on future power market trends in US. You’ll use an advanced mathematical model to quantify the impact of these trends on future power prices.
Welcome to Risk Management & Market Analytics
You’ll be part of Markets & Investment Support where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for our long-term price forecasts of a range of commodities. Our forecasts are used in all cases across the business, and the team has frequent exposure towards senior management. The team consists of 13 economists and engineers and uses a number of large-scale power market models in its forecasts.
You’ll play an important role in:
- analysing and forecasting key trends in the US power market
- updating our long-term US electricity price forecasts, including reviewing the input data for the model
- cooperating with stakeholders on discussing and analysing key issues
- preparing power point presentations of analysis results for senior management.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in either engineering or economics
- have experience with analysing power markets
- have experience with using power market models
- are analytically strong and have a flair for working with complicated analytical challenges.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 17 June 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Morten Sommer, Lead Business Analyst, on +4599552281 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
Application deadline: 17 June 2021
Working hours: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Lead Business Analyst
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer
- Pension scheme, health insurance and five weeks of holiday entitled by the Danish Holiday Act. In addition to the five weeks of holiday, you’ll also receive a total of 10 paid days off for holiday purposes and fixed holidays per holiday year. For new employees, the allocation of paid holidays is made on a pro rata basis, depending on the date of employment.