Boiler & Machinery Consultant Engineers will interact with high hazard FM Global clients within the PowerGen, Forest Products-Pulp & Paper, Steel & Aluminum, Semiconductor, Mining, Chemical and similar industries. Experienced engineers will use their expertise to consult with clients to protect their facilities against mechanical and electrical breakdowns, fire and many other hazards. As a Boiler and Machinery Consultant Engineer, you will develop strong client relationships to advise on risks associated with client businesses as well as develop and implement risk improvement strategies. The successful applicant can be located anywhere in Sweden, Finland or Denmark.
- Evaluate the integrity and reliability of equipment, identify hazards and deficiencies to deliver focused risk improvement solutions and reduce equipment risk.
- Utilize Operating standards, data sheets and guides to provide risk guidance and implement best practices.
- Prepare engineering reports, loss expectancies to support risk improvement.
- Collaborate with Operations Engineering, Client Services, Account Management and Underwriting on Boiler & Machinery recommendations.
- Engineers will work from a home office, must be able to manage their time and work independently with minimal supervision.
- This is a field-based role and will require travel to large, complex industrial client sites to evaluate the operations and systems of the site and identify risks and hazards. Expected overnight travel is 10%-30%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience with a concentration in either electrical, mechanical or chemical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high hazard industry such as power generation, chemical, nuclear, mining, pulp & paper, manufacturing or maritime combined with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a minimum of 10 years relatable experience without a Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must possess knowledge of electrical and/ or mechanical power generation and associated equipment and systems such as rotating equipment, boilers, generators, system interrelationships and knowledge of safety devices. Industrial Control Systems experience highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience to understand basic machinery and equipment along with hands on exposure.
- Candidates will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in MS Office products is required.
- Candidates must be analytical, organized and have good problem solving and interpersonal skills.