Do you have an experience and background in Wind turbine load?
Do you want to use your knowledge and skills in loads and power performance verification programs on our turbine prototypes? Then read along, we might have just the right job for you.
Power Solutions > Quality Improvements and Processes > Performance Testing
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. Within Vestas Power Solutions (VPS), you'll find our department, Performance Testing, as part of Quality Improvements and Processes.
Our department is responsible for planning, implementing, and reporting of test campaigns, and we work together with a wide range of stakeholders inside and outside Vestas. The power performance and Loads testing, as well as other performance disciplines, plays a central role in deliveries on Vestas product roadmap. Furthermore, our department is responsible for specifying and building up new test capabilities to continually ensure that Vestas products have the highest quality in the wind market.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Implement Loads and Power Performance verification programs of prototype turbines and technologies
- Analysis, quality assurance and reporting of the measured data from wind turbines
- Ensure quality and deliverables from sub suppliers, typically test institutes
- Present, explain and advise design owners on the measured results
- Participate in development of tools platform and technology road map initiatives
Your qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree within wind, structural or mechanical engineering
- Proficient in MATLAB/Python and data analysis
- Experience within the Loads verification or load measurements on wind turbines
- Knowledge DS/EN IEC 61400-12 and 61400-13 and wind turbine certification processes
- Wind measurements using met mast or nacelle or ground based instruments e.g. lidars or sonics
- Understanding of the full measurements chain; sensors, data collection and processing
- Knowledge of measurement uncertainty estimations
We see the ideal candidate possessing the following personality and competencies:
- Solid communication skills in English and Danish (would be an advantage)
- Potential to assume leadership roles in collaboration between engineers and technicians
- Tech Lead role and lead other in a team of engineers and technicians
- Handle several tasks and stakeholders simultaneously while still being able to prioritize
- Can thrive in a large organization where work shifts between focused engineering, developing documentation and examining large amounts of data
- You work from a customer perspective and understand the business and value chain
- Value leadership, initiative, and teamwork
What we offer
We offer the opportunity to work in an exciting and inspiring atmosphere where we value the good idea, speed, agility, and results. You will be part of a multi-cultural and multi-talented team and you will experience the excitement of being part of the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions.
Your work location will be our office in Aarhus, Denmark.
Up to 10 travel days per year.
Please be advised to apply on or before 04/06/2022.
We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.