Local Unit & Position Description: The Approval organization within Maritime Ship Classification consists of Approval Centre Norway (HÃ¸vik and Ã lesund), Approval Centre Germany (Hamburg), Approval Center Korea (Busan), Approval Center China (Shanghai), and Approval Support Centre Poland (Gdynia). The main delivery from the Approval organization is approval, verification and certification services for different maritime related assets, mainly new buildings, systems, and components.
The Approval organization in DNV is driven by peopleâs competence and motivation to help and support our customers through the consistent delivery of high-quality services. As a member of the Approval organization, you act in a professional, competent, and service oriented environment and in return receive good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues across locations.
Do you want to join us?*
We are recruiting one person in section âPiping Systems & Alternative Fuelsâ (M-SA-CL) in Norway (HÃ¸vik). You will be part of a section that is responsible for approval of cargo handling and piping systems for tankers and offshore vessels, as well as refrigeration systems and machinery and ship piping systems in general for all ship types, including passenger/ cruise ships, fishing vessels, HSLC and other special ships. The section covers both new-building and conversion approval, and ships in operation support.
We are responsible for the rules for LNG as a ship fuel, and other alternative fuels, including for instance LPG, Ammonia, Methanol and Hydrogen fuel. We are frequently involved with evaluation of novel solutions and concepts, both for cargo systems and machinery.
As of today, the section consists of 15 highly competent employees in all age groups, with a passion for the safety of ships and ship systems, and we need to prepare for the future competence need within our discipline.
The work tasks of an approval engineer in our section typically include, but is not limited to:
- Approval of ship arrangements, cargo piping, ship piping and machinery piping systems
- Support to our field organization and clients
- Development and Maintenance of rules and instructions as the section has a delegated responsibility for defining DNVâs technical standards within our area
- Pre-contract services and marketing
- Participation in development of new services.
Position Qualifications: Position minimum qualifications
BSc or MSc within relevant disciplines (marine engineering, machinery, naval architect or similar)
- Fluent in English; written and oral
Qualifications giving advantage
Some relevant working experience in Maritime (0-5 years)
- Good knowledge about Maritime business and Maritime experiences
- Good knowledge of class and statutory requirements
- Good knowledge of DNV's production systems (NPS)
- Team player with a positive attitude who strive to obtain results for the team
- Customer oriented
- Motivated and eager to expand your skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication for safe ship systems and innovative solutions, high integrity
- Flexibility with regard to work tasks, ability to adapt to the situation
- A meaningful job with one of Norwayâs most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norwayâs most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad.
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and is headquartered in Norway.
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
For more information about the position, please contact:
Dalibor Bukarica, Head of Section Piping Systems & Alternative Fuels; +47 90740676
Company & Business Area Description: DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the worldâs leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry â across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement: DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Location: Veritasveien 1, HÃ¸vik
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations