Imagine a future - where internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM is looking for an Accounts Receivable Accountant.
Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. We are on a highly interesting transformational journey moving from being a very maritime driven company to become a tech company. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, our vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas.
As our accounts receivable accountant, you play an important part in delivering a fantastic service to our clients, both externally but also internally.
The foundation for this is that you, together with the rest of the accounting team ensure quality in the accounting, payments and related tasks.
You will take responsibility for the accounts receivables being constantly up-to-date. Ensure a good dialogue with the business partners to ensure that they are fully updated on outstanding invoices as well and any ongoing disputes.
This role is based in Lyngby, Denmark.
As an Accounts Receivable Accountant, (depending on segregation of duties) your key responsibilities will be:
- Accounts payable processing and support
- Cash book posting, AP payments and bank reconciliations
- Verify accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Recommend actions to resolve discrepancies and investigates questionable data
- Maintenance of timecard, system compliance and reporting
- Invoice processing – logging, matching to GRN and posting invoices
- Ensure invoices are authorised appropriately
- Resolve invoice queries internally and externally – price, quantity etc.
- Communication with suppliers regarding invoices and payments
- Review and clear as appropriate aged GRNI
- Ad hoc support to Head of Financial Reporting
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
As an Accounts Receivable Accountant, your qualifications should ideally be:
- You have an all-round accounting background
- You are service minded and with a positive mind-set
- You are robust and communicate openly
- You have a good understanding of other people and cultures
- You are experienced user of Microsoft Office and with various ERP systems - we use Infor LN6
- It is a plus if you have a background from an international oriented company
- You have good Danish and English skills
We expect that:
- You have experience within Accounts receivables which include registration of payments
- You contribute to process improvements
- You are interested in credit limit review and order release
- You have experience in the collection and dunning process
- You will take active part in the month- and year-end closing
- You are a team player, take ownership for your tasks and assist and share knowledge
- You will be the go to person for finance request related to our partners and customers
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers that are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham SATCOM
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and individual basis.
We believe our culture of being highly innovated, our ability to continuously adapt to change, our capability to plan disciplined in connection to the demands and to foster a fun and inspiring work environment empowers us to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM. It will be an exciting and rewarding journey so if you are up for a challenge we hope to hear from you.