Are you a Master Mariner or a Marine engineer with a passion for the maritime industry? Are you motivated by creating value, and would you like to be a part of a unique and ambitious and leading global independent energy and marine consultancy? The this may be the role for you.
ABL Group, headquartered in London, is a leading independent global energy and marine consultancy, working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition.
We seek to transition and navigate our clients towards a more sustainable future. We empower our people – we celebrate the diverse and inclusive work culture. We cherish the differences, and we value the power of different backgrounds, experiences, and talent because it makes us stronger. Together we will make the world a better place. Would you like to play your part?
We are looking to hire a Maritime Surveyor (Master Mariner or Marine Engineer) to join our team of experts in a dynamic and growing company that is driving the energy transition. A challenging job with lots of opportunities to develop yourself and pursue your career ambitions within energy and marine consultancy.
As Maritime Surveyor you will be part of our specialist team involved a variety of Vessel Assurance, Hull & Machinery, Protection & Indemnity and Condition Surveys performed through the ABL Norway office and to help oversee and direct surveys carried out by contract staff.
- Attend onboard vessels to carry out surveys on behalf of clients including but not limited to:
- Condition and Suitability Surveys
- Pre-purchase surveys
- On / Off Hire surveys
- Industry standard audits (OVID, CMID etc.)
- Layup & reactivation surveys
- To attend casualties and determine nature, extent and cause of damage. Estimate costs of repairs and subsequently compile reports for Clients.
- Business development activities including the promotion of Maritime Engineering Consulting with local and international clients.
- Assist in marketing of ABL Maritime and its services.
- Assist in organizing contract staff to conduct surveys on behalf of ABL
- Assist in completion of Marine Warranty Service Contracts
The role is office based but travel to attend onboard vessel (including offshore) is required. The incumbent has the right to work and reside in Norway.
Qualifications and Experience Required.
We are looking for a driven and solution oriented professional with sound technical skills and good decision-making capability. The successful candidate will have good communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership ability and be able to deal effectively with multiple issues and assignments simultaneously. In addition, you will:
- Hold either a Master Mariner (STCW II/2) or a Chief Engineer (STCW III/2) COC.
- Command experience or having served as Chief Engineer is an advantage.
- Have at least 5 years relevant experience within the Maritime Surveying and consultancy industry
- Experience with Maritime surveying or consultancy is desirable.
- Shore based management experience and/or previous experience from similar role is desirable.
- Other applicable experience (salvage master, SCR, pilot etc) an advantage
- OVID and/or CMID surveyor qualifications is an advantage.
- Fully conversant with marine and engineering consultancy to the offshore oil and gas markets is an advantage.
- Have strong communication skills and a good command of written and spoken English. Norwegian proficiency is a clear advantage.
Contact and application.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Peter Kingsland, Managing Director at telephone +47 51 81 18 00.
Join us – make a difference and apply via the link at our website and remember to attach application and CV. The deadline for application is 05.06.2022
Who we are.
ABL is a leading global independent energy and marine consultant working in energy and oceans to de-risk and drive the energy transition across the renewables, maritime and oil and gas sectors, offering our clients the deepest pool of world-class expertise across marine, engineering and adjusting disciplines from more than 300 locations worldwide.
Headquartered in London, the ABL Group has offices in all major marine and offshore energy hubs worldwide. We have 63 offices in 39 countries across Europe, Africa, the Americas, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
ABL Group is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Børs (Aqua).