On behalf of a client we are seeking a Subsea Construction Engineer
Duration: ASAP - Estimated job end date 29.12.2023
Location: Onshore + Offshore
- M.Sc. within subsea engineering & construction.
- Less formal education may be compensated with documented relevant experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience with subsea engineering, construction, and remote operations
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English and Norwegian Language.
- Strong commercial skills and business driver understanding to manage and direct the execution of engineering works and interfaces between contractors.
- Good interpersonal, networking, and relationship-building skills, both internally to the project and with contractors.
- Strong commitment to the implementation of Company’s health, safety, environmental and quality philosophies.
- Experience and ability to work in multi-disciplined teams and interfacing with internal organizations and external Contractor organizations.
Responsibilities and work tasks:
- In accordance with delegated authority, manage, follow-up and coordinate the design and engineering work, material or equipment manufacturing, onshore prefabrication, subsea construction and RFO.
- Ensure Company technical, CPI vendor information and functional requirements are inherent within Contactor’s design
- Review design documentation and manufacturing, fabrication, and installation procedures etc.
- Advise manager or project manager and project teams on design, engineering, materials, manufacturing, fabrication, and installation issues, so that sound technical/commercial decisions are made.
- Assist with contingency, emergency and bridging procedures related to marine operations.
- Monitor subsea & pipelines construction contractors’ activities in respect to mobilization and operation of vessels and equipment to ensure Company HSEQ and contractual requirements are fulfilled.
- In accordance with established interface management procedures, ensure timely and technically sound interfacing with other relevant project groups and COPSAS technical responsible personnel (TAG) etc.
- Respond to interface and technical queries from Contractor
- Provide technical advice into evaluation and resolution of variation orders
- In accordance with delegated authority manage, follow-up and coordinate contractual, commercial and schedule matters.