Aker BP has a clear ambition - to become the leading independent offshore exploration and production company. We are challenging standard practices in the oil and gas industry. Now we are looking for people who want to take part in changing the industry and driving necessary improvements.
A summer job in Aker BP will give you 6-8 weeks of practical experience and a taste of what it’s like to work for one of the largest E&P companies on the Norwegian continental shelf. You’ll get to socialize with other summer interns, grow your professional network, and learn from experienced professionals.
The Subsea Operations department is responsible for safe and efficient operation of subsea oil and gas production equipment. This includes Xmas Trees, manifolds, pipelines, umbilicals, risers and subsea control systems. We operate the equipment, perform planned maintenance and inspection, and manage any issues that arise. We are also developing new digital solutions to transform how we work, principally using state-of-the-art software to link risk, equipment condition and performance management in a new way.
Next summer, we’d like to offer you a chance to work in the Subsea Operations team and support us with either our day-to-day operations or our digital transformation. Your exact assignment will be decided based on our business needs combined with your field of expertise and your interests.
Typical work tasks can be:
- Perform risk assessment for planned activities, and be responsible for follow up actions
- Get involved with fault finding and troubleshooting day-to-day operational challenges
- Support fault and failure investigations to understand why things have gone wrong and to identify solutions
- Populate digital systems with operational information and test system performance
- Update Subsea Operations mapping systems with latest field attributes
- Support Project design and delivery of new equipment
- Enrolled in a master's program within a relevant engineering discipline, e.g. Mechanical, Process, Civil, Subsea, Automation, Mathematics, Data Science, etc.
- Interested in and knowledge about technology, machinery, processes or information
You’re a good match for this job if you:
- have a good attitude that supports our values: Enquiring, Responsible, Predictable, Committed, and Respectful
- are a team player and enjoy sharing lessons learned and concerned with continuous improvement
- take initiative and are a clear communicator, comfortable with sharing in groups
- are analytical and creative
We believe that a diverse workforce contributes to organisational success, and offer equal opportunities regardless of race, gender, religion, age or disabilities. Candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of background.
Please send us a little bit about yourself, your CV and your transcript by 12 October 2021. Please note that applications without a diploma/preliminary transcript(s) will not be evaluated.
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.