Would you like a hands-on opportunity to apply your process understanding and delegation skills in a team of highly qualified colleagues? Then please take a closer look at this opportunity!
Sales > Offshore Operations > Commissioning Supervisors Team 3
As a Commissioning Supervisor, you will be part of an offshore completion team, with whom you will work closely in getting the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) from installation, through commissioning and into operation. You must take all necessary actions in order to comply with Vestas Offshore Wind’s safety and quality standards. Our installation team at the WTG location will hand over the tasks to you and your team. You will work with several members of the construction team, in particular the installation team, QA/QC team as well as sub-contractors and client construction teams, participating in all commissioning tasks, insuring that all tasks are carried out effectively in a safe and timely manner.
You will get to work in a progressive and international environment, where you are required to find solutions and think on your feet. Therefore, we are looking for someone reliable and motivated, who is able to work within and motivate your team. To ensure the safety of all our employees it is absolutely essential that you hold the right attitude with collaboration and safety in focus.
- Ensure a safe work environment by acting in compliance with Vestas Offshore Wind’s HSE requirements
- On-site supervision of new supervisors and technicians
- Carry out WTG completion and start up
- Troubleshoot, operate and maintain WTGs
- Identify, register and handle deviations
- Maintain turbines and equipment
- Holds a technical education within electrical/mechanical area or similar
- Experience from the wind industry is a great advantage
- You should be focused on Health & Safety Environment (HSE), Quality (QA/QC) and customer relations
- Have experience working with electrical/hydraulic diagrams
- Experience in people management
- Offshore experience is desired
- English communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Have good process understanding and delegation skills
- You are team oriented person and able to motivate and encourage your team
- Are not afraid to get your hands dirty, focused on continuous improvement and result-oriented
- Are able to remain calm under stress, responsible and hard working
- Are enthusiastic, reliable and possess a focused mindset
What we offer
We offer you an exciting job in rapidly growing international company with great opportunities for professional and personal development. We provide an inspiring environment with the aspiration to become global leader in the offshore wind market.
You will be hired in either Aarhus (DK) or Warrington (UK), but your actual work location will be on our different projects around Europe and potentially the rest of the world.
Travel activity: +/- 180 days a year.
Please apply no later than 12th August 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.