We’re Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history; 20,000 dedicated colleagues are working every day to develop energy from oil, gas, wind and solar. Driven by our desire to provide the world with energy in a safe and sustainable way, we’ve been building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
The world will need a lot more energy and lower emissions in the years to come, and we’re determined to be part of the solution. It’s not an easy job, but we believe that with the right people, passion and curiosity, it is possible. We welcome people of all educations and backgrounds, who have recently graduated or will be able to graduate by the end of 2021. Our graduates are a valuable part of the team, with permanent employment from day one.
Our corporate graduate programme will:
• Start you off on your transition from student to professional, with opportunities to really make a difference.
• Give you meaningful challenges and an opportunity to work with your own development goals, corresponding with Equinor’s business needs.
• Provide rotational assignments, give you access to networking and a structured learning environment and provide a mentor throughout the programme.
Our graduates are enrolled in the programme for two years, and can work within different disciplines throughout the company. Join us at one of our virtual career fairs to learn more about Equinor and the corporate graduate programme or read about the various graduate disciplines here.Job DescriptionSafety is our first priority. Our strategy – always safe, high value and low-carbon – positions us to deliver long term value in a low-carbon future.
Our three sustainability priorities – responsible operations; creating a low-carbon business advantage;and creating shared value – are embedded in our strategy. We believe that all accidents related to people, environment and assets can be prevented. The goal of zero injuries has become part of how we think and work, with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
The role of SSU (safety, security and sustainability) is to set the direction and support the organization at all levels to deliver industry leading performance within safety, security and sustainability.
SSU take an active role in managing risks, drive improvements and sharing excellent practice across business units.
Our graduates mainly work on multiple tasks throughout the business. Work tasks may vary according to your competence profile, assignment and business needs.
Our graduates work mostly with oil and gas projects, and mainly within the following areas:
· Health and working environment
· Emergency preparedness and response
Please note that this position may be relevant for other locations in Norway and rotation internationally.Qualifications• Master’s degree or PhD with good academic record within relevant studies. These include Technical, Social and Economic disciplines such as
· Process Safety,
· Technical Safety,
· Energy and Environmental Science,
· Material Science,
· Petroleum Technology
· Offshore Technology
· Industrial Economics
· Cybernetics and Robotics
· Social Science,
· Medical Studies,
• No more than two years of relevant fulltime work experience
• Fluent in English and preferably a second working language
• International work and/or study experience preferred
• Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work is an advantagePersonal Qualities• Ability to live by our values and our safety commitments
• High ethical standards
• Good communication skills
• Global mindset
• Team player skills and capability to work and deliver results in a diverse environment
• Positive attitude towards new challenges and adaptability to dynamic environmentsWe OfferOur graduate programme is a kick start to a global career, where you can contribute to solving some of the biggest challenges in today’s energy industry. We believe that our greatest asset is our people, so you’ll be joining a company that believes in rewarding your achievements and supporting your quality of life.
Our aim is to attract and develop people who share our values and are excited by our vision. That’s why we offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including the potential for annual bonus and a range of health and well-being programmes.General InformationPlease make sure that when applying, you attach the following:
• CV/ resume in English
• Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) obtained to this point during your studies in English or Scandinavian language. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript. We will not be able to evaluate applications submitted without these attachments.
Our values are open, collaborative, courageous and caring. Safety is integrated in everything we do, and that applies to everyone. Both our values and our safety expectations are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with this, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
For technical issues and other queries please contact us at GraduateRecruitment@equinor.com