Svitzer offers an exciting and attractive student position in an international environment that provides continuous professional and personal development. As a Student Assistant in the Finance team at Svitzer you will have the opportunity to grow your career while developing your skills within accounting and reporting in a global company.
You will be joining an industry leader that generates USD 660M in annual revenue and contributes to the Maersk Group’s ambition of transforming and maintaining a leading position within the towage industry. The position offers the right candidate an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious and international company with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development, both within the Svitzer Group and the Maersk Group.
The role is based at our Head Office in Copenhagen, which consists of approx. 60 people. You will join the central Finance and Accounting Team. This team plans, monitors and controls the finance for approx. 4,000 employees and 450 vessels operating worldwide to service more than 150 ports and terminals across the globe. A lean and flat structure in a performance-driven culture gives you significant independence to impact your role and contribute to the performance of our team and our company.
As a Student Assistant within the Maersk Group, you will be part of the Students@Maersk network, where Students across different Business Units are invited to various events and social gatherings. This gives you a unique opportunity to expand your professional network while gaining significant insight across the Maersk Group.
Work hours are flexible, especially around examination periods. On average we expect you to work 15 - 20 hours per week.
- Assist the Head Office Finance team with month, quarter and year-end closing tasks and reporting, including specific PTP (Procure-To-Pay) process tasks.
- Assist the Head Office Finance team with preparation of statutory accounts for several Danish companies.
- Be a key player in Travel Expense Management for employees in the Head Office including follow-up tasks and acting as contact person for our Global Service Centre team in India.
- Manage reporting to various Danish Authorities and organisations such as Statistics Denmark, Ship Owners Association in Denmark etc.
- Provide ad-hoc support on data analyses, preparation of presentations, training initiatives, etc.
- Contribute to continuously improvements to business processes across functions.
We are looking for
- You are a confident, self-driven person who approaches tasks with a high level of energy and with a structured and analytical approach to handling assigned tasks.
- You enjoy taking ownership and responsibility and you are entrepreneurial about finding ways to improve the business.
- You are on the 2nd or 3rd year of your Bachelor’s degree in a finance related subject, Mathematics or Economics with the intention to study a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Mathematics.
- You have excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and preferably Power BI for reporting and presentation purposes.
- You have a flair for communication and good interpersonal skills.
- Preferably you have some relevant work experience, e.g., from a previous student position.
- You thrive in a busy and dynamic work environment. You are motivated by the international scope of our business.
- You have a certain level of business acumen, not necessarily from the maritime industry.
As you will be working with external parties in Denmark and our working language is English, you must be fluent in both oral and written English. Danish language skills are preferred, but not a requirement. You must also hold a valid Danish residence and work permit.