MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with us.
Shape your journey onboard and offshore with us
MacGregor is looking for a Service Technician who will interact with the spare part, service, production and logistic teams within FAR as well as interacting with other MacGregor departments/functions globally. The role have an important function for execution of service, maintenance and repair activities for Fishery, offshore and research equipment both on site and externally. It is important to maintain a good customer relationship and try understand our customer needs, as well as collecting valuable feedback regarding our equipment and customers experience with our products during execution of the work. The position will be located either in Bodø or in Averøy, Norway and will be reporting to the Field Operations Manager.
- Repair, service and maintenance work for MacGregor product range, plus 3rd party maker if needed. Both locally and globally
- Assembly of retrofit equipment
- Start up-and testing of retrofit equipment
- Technical support to customer
- To ensure the work is carried out efficiently, accurately, in a friendly manner and supporting management and rest of organization in necessary areas
- Ensure that all activities comply with the Integrated Management System (IMS), QHSE and other rules and requirements according to MacGregor standards.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Technical & automation education or similar relevant experience. Extensive experience from similar position can compensate for formal education.
- Experience from service and maintenance of crane, winch and/or deck handling equipment for the Maritime or Offshore industry is preferred. Experience from Mechanical, hydraulic and automation assembly or services.
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Good IT skills
- The position requires a structured and customer oriented person with good cooperation and technical skills.
You will be part of:
By joining MacGregor, you will be able to work closely with leading industry professionals, developing and implementing new concepts that set the standards in the maritime transportation and offshore industries. We offer our employees the opportunity to be part of a truly global organization leveraged upon our shared values of Integrity, Quality and Safety. With us you will be part of a collaborative working culture with challenges and opportunities to further develop yourself professionally.
Interested to join?
For further information please contact Oddleif Tornes, Field Operation Manager, by phone at +47 9772 6555 or by email at Oddleif.Tornes@macgregor.com.
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application with salary request and CV. (And other relevant if needed.)
MacGregor is part of Cargotec
MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.
MacGregor solutions and services for handling marine cargoes, vessel operations, offshore loads,crude/LNG transfer and offshore mooring are all designed to perform with the sea. www.macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people.