Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
We are an enterprising and multicultural company. More than 55 nationalities are represented in our workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of our business. We look for high-calibre, forward-thinking, energetic people with a “can-do” attitude. We want people who thrive in a diverse and challenging work environment, who are receptive to change and who wholeheartedly embrace the opportunity to take responsibility for themselves and the company’s ongoing success.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with both existing and new end customer accounts within the Offshore Energy and High End Fishing market sectors. The two most important objectives are to retain and enhance existing accounts and grow the defined customer base. The aim is to shift customer relationships from being transactional to a strategic partnership and influence buying decisions.
The Sales Manager will be a valued contributor at management level and will proactively seek opportunities and identify needs to be fulfilled by the Inmarsat Maritime portfolio. This will be achieved through close co-operation/partnership with both end customers and partners, and will be based on an intimate knowledge of their business and operational needs. Account planning and profound knowledge of solution based selling will also be key to achieving maximum results.
The Sales Manager will need to quickly identify key new customers and establish productive working relationships on multiple levels by promoting the Inmarsat Maritime brand and product/service propositions.
Sales & business development
- Realization of revenue targets.
- Selection, acquisition and retention of (key) accounts (partners/end-users).
- Conduct negotiations and close deals
- Present Inmarsat Maritime and sell its products and services to customers and prospects, including its new Offshore Energy portfolio
- Building Strategic Account Plans
- Developing Account Goals and Objectives
- Creating a Key Contact Map (key contacts and influencers inside accounts/ prospects)
- Managing the Contract Renewal Process
- Gaining Executive Level Account Involvement
- Regular analysis of the reported revenue figures in order to be able to steer on revenue
- Work closely in a team with Sales Support
- Have an active and structured dialog within the Inmarsat organization
- Co-operate with Market- and product management with feedback from the market and pro-active contribute to proposition development.
- Strong CRM Management
- Timely reporting using the correct formats to keep the Inmarsat organization informed
- Contributing to regional plans as part of the planning cycle.
- Provide market intelligence feedback to the Sector development teams within Inmarsat
- Represent Inmarsat at Industry Exhibitions (trade shows) and Conferences.
- Master / Bachelor Degree in Business, IT or equivalent
- Relevant experience can compensate for education
- Solution based / Strategic selling methodology.
- Maritime ICT knowledg
- 2-5 years of experience from a similar position, preferably within the Satellite Communications market
- Proven sales achievements in a solution based sales environment
- Eager to sell
- Ability to understand a customer’s value drivers
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent analytical skills
- Open to new technology and a quick learner
- Highly motivated with closing capabilities
- Stable career history
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills, social and outgoing
- Confident in travelling
- International network and cross-cultural understanding is an advantage
- Fluent in English both orally and in writing
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heard of everything we do