Process, Technical Safety And Human Factors Engineers
Location(s):Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, Stjørdal
Education Preferred:Master's Degree
Experience Preferred:Not Indicated
Closing Date:Nov 2 2021
We're 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we're facing an enormous task: supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We're up for the challenge. Are you?
Work within System Engineering, a competence center in Equinor that supply projects from DG1-DG4 with personnel within technical safety, process, flow assurance and technical working environment disciplines.
We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced persons within our system engineering Group to fill roles in Process, Technical/Functional Safety and Human Factor disciplines.
Common activities for all four disciplines:
- Follow up project activities within own discipline from early phase development to detail engineering, construction, and commissioning
- Ensure implementation of “safety in design” solutions
- Participate in preparation of tender documentation and establishment of contract
- Review contractor activities and deliveries
- Liaise with stakeholders as applicable (e.g. discipline network/leading advisor/chief engineer).
- Secure process design and process safety in project design and execution phases
- Perform simulations and calculations for early phase studies
- Secure technical integrity and barriers in project design and execution phases
- Identify, review and secure implementation of relevant requirements
- Provide Specialist advice and services to projects within management of Functional Safety, SIS and SIL/LOPA
- Initiate efficiency improvements and support development of best practice within management of SIS for project development
- Participate in standardization work related to SIS ( e.g. “IEC 61511”, “OLF GL 070”) and update of Company’s internal governing documentation
- Participate in the development and instruction of internal learning courses related to functional safety/SIS
- Ensure that design solutions are in accordance with internal, national, and international human factors requirements
- Lead / participate in human factors assessments and analyses
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for:
For these positions we are looking for:
- Master’s degree within relevant subject areas. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Minimum 5 Years of relevant experience from energy, process industry or maritime sectors
- Experience with technical solutions within one or several of the following areas is preferred: Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS), Hydrogen and Wind
- Familiarity with applicable standards, rules, and regulations
- Experience from engineering contractor is beneficial
- Project development experience is an advantage
- Strong team player with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
At Equinor, we care about each other as much as our business. That's why we offer:
- Not just a job; a career. In Equinor, your development begins on day one. You will build your competence through a wide range of learning activities while being empowered to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies. Our internal job market allows endless opportunities for development and growth within your own field or in other interesting and relevant areas for you.
- Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries, global parental leave, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
- Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees' well-being is a priority. We recognise that for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable. That's why we encourage you to make use of our flexible work arrangements.
- An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger. For us true inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
For more information visit Equinor's website: https://www.equinor.com/