30. April 2021
Your career is about more than building a resume —it’s a chance to Leave Your Mark.
As we continue to develop our Marine & Offshore activities, we are delighted to offer an unique opportunity to join our organisation as Marine Surveyor and Operational Team Leader in our Copenhagen office.
The job incumbent is responsible for coordinating and supervising the operational team of surveyors, auditors and inspectors in compliance with specified requirements (classification, international regulations, national regulations, industry standards) and to conduct quality inspections of ships in service, ships under construction and marine equipment.
- Responsible of the operational team of onsite surveyors assuring productivity and efficiency
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders and ensure all surveys / inspection reports (including survey certificates) are factual, objective and submitted within the stipulated format and timeframe.
- Validate planning: define with the planner and validate surveyors work schedules (assignment, leaves…)
- Analyse operational KPIs and report to Management
- Keep up to date with new rules, regulations and technical or process information disseminated through internal communication.
- Participate in meetings (both internal and external) as required.
- Attend all scheduled trainings (locally and overseas) and ultimately achieving specified delegations as agreed in Performance Management Process.
- Undertake class and statutory surveys of ships in service in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Carry out ISM/ISPS/MLC audits.
- Carry out inspections of marine equipment at manufacturers.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
Degree in Marine Engineering / Naval Architecture / Mechanical Engineering or similar with experience in the shipping industry.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience as:
- Field surveyor in classification society (IACS member),
- or technical role in a ship management company,
- or sea going experience as a certified watch-keeping officer,
- or ship project manager (repair or new construction) / technical manager
- or superintendent
- or a combination of the above
- Experience as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 auditor is seen as an advantage
- Holding a valid resident permit in EU (for non-EU citizens)
- Proficiency in English, Danish is an advantage
- Available to travel on short notice and accept short to mid-term abroad assignments as required.
- Available to work outside normal business hours and occasionally on weekends
- Strong interpersonal skills: confident communications, active listening, objections prevention and handling, conflicts management and prevention
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to interact with and influential customers internally and externally.
- Have “hands on” mentality and are driven by delivering on commitments
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, presentation and organisational skills
- Strong in analysing situations and make decisions geared toward the company's best interests
- A challenging job in a busy international marine environment
- Opportunities for personal development and growth within the Bureau Veritas network
- Great team and professional colleagues
- A training program to ensure that individual training needs are met
- Competitive remuneration package in line with the job applicants’ background
What we value at BV
We serve as guardians of integrity, upholding the highest standards responsibly. We create trust between businesses and those they serve, demonstrating the ambition to work hard and the humility to learn and grow. We cultivate an open and inclusive environment wherever we operate. And ethics, safety and financial control serve as the foundation for our shared culture.
Being part of the BV family, is more than just working, it’s being convinced that you will
leave your mark… in shaping a world of trust.
Please press apply to upload your CV and application in English. Applications are assessed continuously, so please apply as soon as possible. The application will be closed when we have found the right candidate for the job. If you have any questions regarding this position, you may contact, Marine Manager Marcello Zanotti, at firstname.lastname@example.org
More about Bureau Veritas
Please visit: https://marine-offshore.bureauveritas.com/ and https://group.bureauveritas.com/