Head of finance and controlling
Volue is a digital technology company, combining state-of-the-art technology with deep domain knowledge. Volue helps providers of vital infrastructure and services increase the yield on their assets to grow profits in a sustainable way that benefits society. The Volue group was launched in March 2020 as a result of the merger of Markedskraft, Powel, Scanmatic and Wattsight. The company enjoys a strong market position with 2000 customers spread across 40+ countries.
Volue’s annual turnover is more than 892 MNOK (2020 figures), delivered by a dedicated team of more than 600 talented employees working out of 30 offices in nine countries. The company has decided to accelerate growth on the back end of a fundamentally changing energy market. The strong position and ambitions of Volue in this sector are also beneficial to the company’s positions in digital water, infrastructure construction, defence, transport, maritime and offshore operations. Volue has a company structure with more than 20 legal entities distributed across nine countries. The organisational model is to execute through Lines of Business (LoBs) within the Volue group of companies. Volue has four LoBs with associated P/L responsibility.
About the position
Finance & controlling is accountable for providing financial support for Volue operations, growth and profitability. The position will initiate and drive analyses and measures to enhance business performance, support the profit and loss units and lead the work related to business controlling.
The VP finance will lead the controlling and financing activities within the group to ensure operations and investments are continuously improved to enhance growth and profitability.
The expected results are set by the yearly action plans.
Place of work is Trondheim and the position reports to CFO.
Main tasks and duties:
- Develop required processes, drive and lead Volue’s financial controlling activities
- Financial follow-up of performance and investments, both for the company at large, Lines of Business and Profit & Loss units
- Develop, implement and maintain a system for monitoring underlying value drivers, results and goal achievement (KPI system)
- Contribute with analytical insight to identify and implement measures for increased profitability and sales implementation and development of financial internal controls
- Drive budgeting process and monthly forecasting for the group and subsidiaries
- Contribute to the financial reporting
- Support the investment team in execution and documentation of investments
- Lead controlling function
- Higher degree in finance or business administration
- Min 5 years of experience in similar controller position
- Experience with internal controls and establishment of internal control systems and procedures
- Experience in companies engaged in fund management, regulated financial activities or in the shipping/offshore industry is an advantage
- Good IT and MS Excel/Office skills
- High proficiency in written and verbal Norwegian and English
- Structured, self-starting and with high implementation capacity
- Able to perform during demanding periods and prioritise on both short and long term
- Leadership s
- kills and ability to cooperate with people of diverse profiles and levels of experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
For further information and to apply for the position, see www.headvisor.no. You can also contact Volue by CFO Arnstein Kjesbu, tel. +47 970 47 699 or our advisor at Headvisor AS Lars Jakob Arnøy, tel. +47 907 69 045. All enquiries are treated confidentially until otherwise agreed.
Application deadline: As soon as possible
Link to the application form: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=392&ProjectId=179079&DepartmentId=17552&SkipAdvertisement=true