Internal Position: Group Manager - SW Development, Maritime Simulations
We are looking for an internal candidate to join our high caliber SW Development Maritime Department, as a Group Manager, location Horten - Application deadline Wednesday 28th of April.
You are a senior SW Development professional who is keen to take on personnel management responsibilities combined with your current SW development role.
As our new group manager, you will become an important part of the Maritime Simulations team that provides market leading simulator solutions that are used for mandatory STCW training and advanced integrated crew training for maritime, naval and offshore industries worldwide.
Maritime Simulations main business is to provide dynamic process and flow simulator services and solutions based on the advanced proprietary dynamic process and flow simulators; K-Spice and LedaFlow. A variety of services and solutions ranging from conceptual process studies, engineering verification simulators, control system check-out simulators and operator training simulators to real time production monitoring systems and flow assurance studies are provided.
As a Group Manager you will
- manage a group of talented professionals in Maritime Simulation SW Development (mainly Ships Bridge System).
- take responsibility for people management processes
- recruit new talents to our team
- organize and plan competence development, and mentor team members
- work together with other managers to allocate resources
As a candidate for this position, you have
- Experience as a senior SW development / delivery professional
- Domain and product knowledge of maritime industry/maritime simulation
- Experience managing people and SW development activities (not necessarily as line manager)
- Strong inter-personal skills, with ability to motivate, inspire and being supportive.
- Systematic and structured approach, being a self-starter who clarifies priorities and allocates resources efficiently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's or higher degree in relevant area.
Please submit your application directly to Career@kdi.kongsberg.com with the following reference "Group Manager - SW Development, Maritime Simulations”