RWE is looking for a full time Bid Manager within the Offshore Wind Bid Management Team.
At RWE you will have a dynamic job where relationships building, hands-on decision making and progression will be an integrated part of your daily work.
In this role you will lead an offshore wind project’s bid workstream to provide strategic direction and manage its bid submissions in competitive tenders or auctions to secure exclusive developments rights &/or energy contracts. You will ensure the route to success is well understood plus develop and execute a targeted programme of work to secure success in the tenders. Your role will be complex and you will apply your commercial and technical expertise, plus harness the expertise of the project team and the global functions.
The Bid Management team is your home team comprising of all global Bid Managers and supporting functions. You will be assigned into project teams in regions globally within the matrix organisation. Responding to the company’s growth pipeline your project(s) maybe situated in your home country or further afield. The role is a key member of the project’s Senior Management Team and typically includes external representation and international travel.
This is an exciting role within RWE and the successful applicant will be a key member of a team with ambitious growth targets. We are offering you, a self-confident and independent commercial project manager the possibility to leverage your existing skill-sets to further enhance the capabilities of RWE Renewables in the highly competitive area of offshore wind lease and/or route to market auctions.
As Bid Manager you will:
- Lead and be responsible for devising and implementing bid strategies to ensure the business wins deliverable and value accretive options.
- Co-ordinate across the project team the Bid Preparation Strategy to identify and determine the required programme of work against bid success factors.
- Contribute to the identification of strategic levers and implementation thereof into the project’s business case to increase the competitiveness and deliverability of the bid.
- Determine and implement how projects can maximise scoring against tender criteria (e.g. stakeholder mgmt. criteria, capability criteria, local supply criteria, etc.), evaluate potential trade-offs.
- Prepare manage and submit tender documentation including pre-qualification requirements and bid submissions.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the auction rules.
- Ensure bid submissions achieve compliance with the tender regulations.
- Contribute to the appraisal of different bid options and tactics.
- Develop protocols for bidding in partnerships (if applicable)
- Management of project assumption book and business case for early development projects:
- Support each project with optimal wind farm concept selection and optimization through economic analysis of design options
- Site Prospecting (if applicable): Coordination of all inputs to enable ranking of possible site locations. Holistic risk and opportunity analysis of site options (e.g. permitting, grid access. Calculation of LCOEs to enable comparison of prospective sites.
- Ensure best practice approaches, tools are shared across and transferred into bid projects.
Your Experience & Skills:
- Fluency in speaking and writing English and Danish mandatory. Fluency in Norwegian and/or Swedish desirable.
- Degree in business administration, engineering, renewable energy or similar numeric subject is expected alongside a proven background in meaningful commercial activities.
- Track record of relevant professional experience in projects which should include strategy, managing bids/tenders and leading work within business development projects.
- The gravitas to both lead a diverse virtual team and manage multiple stakeholders and the confidence and determination to take responsibility and ownership of multiple projects at any one time.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to persuade, challenge and build credibility at all levels, across functions of the business. Proven stakeholder management experience including with external parties
- Ability to make recommendations and implement decisions effectively in a manner consistent with sound bid management principles, and in a timely manner, while reporting key issues to the Project Lead
- Hands-on experience devising the implementation of strategies or similar within commercial projects is desirable. Previous experience within the offshore renewable energy industry is advantageous.
- General understanding of the components of offshore wind assets including cost drivers and key risks and opportunities is desirable.
- A track record of personal responsibility for driving own development & career growth, broadening your professional competencies, skills and own learnings across commercial, technical, legal and policy fields.
- A flexible approach as some international travel and attending meetings outside home time zone can be expected.
In this role, there are opportunities to work from home from Copenhagen or another place, but you will belong to our office in Rödby or our office in Malmö and pay for the trips to the office yourself.
We handle applications on an ongoing basis so feel free to apply for the role today, but no later than June 6th.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the recruiting manager, James Kruimer Harris:
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.